The Centre for Renewable Energy and Sustainable Technologies (CREST) is an exciting adventure that has been set up to help small businesses in Northern Ireland, the Irish border counties and Western Scotland to develop and adopt renewable energy and sustainable technologies.
CREST provides industry R&D, demonstration and testing facilities for new renewable energy products and sustainable technologies. The facilities are available for use by small companies within the region who have ideas for new products but who currently do not have the physical and/or technical capacity to develop, test and commercialise them.
Within CREST facilities staff are accessible to develop, demonstrate and test new technologies and show how these can be integrated practically and sensibly to achieve energy savings. Services offered by CREST include:
- R&D in renewable energy systems and sustainable technologies
- Development and testing of sustainable construction methods and materials
- Innovative product and component design
- Development of demonstration prototypes and models
- Testing of renewable energy systems and products
- Demonstration and testing of retrofit technologies
- Data analysis and performance monitoring
- Advice and consultancy on renewable energy and sustainable technologies
CREST operates across a network of educational institutions including Cavan Innovation & Technology Centre, Institute of Technology Sligo, and Dumfries and Galloway College in Scotland. The flagship facilities for CREST are located at South West College’s Technology and Skills Centre in Enniskillen and comprises of three areas; the CREST Passive Pavillion, the R&D Laboratory and CREST Hub.
It’s hoped that CREST will be a useful resource for businesses participating on the GREBE mentoring programme. For further information please visit: http://www.swc.ac.uk/innovate/crest/home.aspx