The introduction of the new EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) on 25th May 2018 will mean a host of changes for all businesses that handle the data of EU residents, regardless of size or sector.
To whom does GDPR apply?
- If you hold any personal information on an individual in a business capacity – for example if you have an employee or a customer then the new law will apply to you.
- Sole traders, Charities, Community Groups – all impacted.
- If you run a club or a sporting organisation and have a list of members or volunteers then the law will also apply to you.
- What is the GDPR and how is it different?
- Your obligations
- 6 Guiding Principles
- Individuals’ rights under the law
- Sanctions and fines for non-compliance and data breaches
- Getting GDPR ready
- The documents, policies and procedures that must be in place.
- The key information security measures you should implement
FREE GDPR workshop for businesses – 23rd March 6pm – 8pm – The Lemon Tree Coffee Shop, BELLEEK, BT93 3FY, Northern Ireland.
To book your free place, email: email@example.com or call +44 2866480012